Monday, March 21, 2011

Listen to the Whisper.

"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” Isaiah 30:21
Several years ago I took a Bible study course that our then Associate Pastor Lee Johnson was leading. During the evenings we all met for this study, one major topic seemed to hit me upside the head. In our reading for the week the author talked about how we have to really listen for God to speak to us.

How many times had I heard in my life be still and listen? In our discussions, we all talked about how out of nowhere sometimes a thought will frame in your mind to do something on the spur of the moment, call an old friend or family member, inquire of someone’s health, say a prayer for someone, call and make a doctor’s appointment, give someone a hug and a smile, invite someone to dinner, and the list goes on and on. The author of our series called this “listening to the whisper.” I truly believe that God does speak to all of us if we only listen for the whisper.

Prayer:
Lord I know that my fast pace in life makes it too easy sometimes to ignore the whisper and continue on my way. During this time of Lent help me to take the time to truly listen for God to speak to me and to continue to listen for God’s whisper throughout all the seasons. Amen

Connie Phipps
Walking the Road

Connie is a long-time member of Asbury, and enjoys spending time with her grandkids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment