Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Sacrifice.

I enjoy listening to K-LOVE radio station while I am in the car and even at my desk from time to time. Every once in a while a certain song will catch my attention, and the song “This Man” by Jeremy Camp is one of those songs. The lyrics go:
In only a moment truth
Was seen revealed this mystery
The crown that showed no dignity he wore
And the king was placed for all the world
To show disgrace but only beauty flowed from this place
Would you take the place of this man
Would you take the nails from his hands
Would you take the place of this man
Would you take the nails from his hands 



Especially this time of year, these words mean so much. The sacrifice that Jesus made for people he didn’t even know is just unfathomable to me. But all the same, I am just so grateful that he made this sacrifice so that I can have the peace of forgiveness. With this peace, for me, comes the knowledge that I am responsible for living my life to reflect God’s grace to those around me. I strive to perform an act of kindness every day, no matter how small and all the while realizing that I fall short.

During this Lenten season, humankind tends to be more gracious, and it is my prayer that we would all extend it throughout our entire lifetime. I find strength in my daily conversations with God, and although I have never “heard” Him speak directly to me, I know that he is always with me, answering my prayers even in the most subtle way. I know that if I look, I can see the beauty of God’s love in the faces of our children, grandchildren and elderly and in nature.

So – would I take the place of Jesus and take the nails from his hands? I hope that I would and gratefully.

Grace and Peace,
Kelly Mulvaney
Walking The Road

Kelly Mulvaney serves Asbury as an usher during worship, and has taught Godly Play in the Children's Sunday School program. She lives in Overland Park. 

No comments:

Post a Comment