Saturday, April 16, 2011

God Has Given Me This Day

I recently came across a card with a poem that Coach Bear Bryant carried with him and reportedly read daily. This card has helped me become aware of something I should have on my mind every single day. Here's what it says.

"This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good. What I do today is very important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever, leaving something in its place I traded for it. I want it to be a gain, not a loss; Good, not evil; Success, not failure, in order that I shall not forget the price I paid for it."

Jack O'Neal Walking the Road

This devotion was written in 2004 and was included in the 2004 Asbury Lent Devotion Book. Jack and his wife Mildred live in Overland Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment